Registration is now open for our 2016 Spring Papago 900. This event is being held on May 7th, 2016 at the Papago Archery Range. Registration for this event always fills up fast and lanes used by the varying divisions are determined based on a first come, first serve basis. Don’t wait, register today!
Join us the 1st Saturday of September for the monthly pin shoot during JOAD/AAP scheduled practice.
– Bow divisions include Barebow/Recurve & Compound.
– Target size is 122cm (or 80cm) for outdoor & 60cm (or 40cm) for indoor
– Distance is determined by the archer and is based on their next pin goal.
– 36 arrow round (6 ends of 6 arrows) – OUTDOOR
-30 arrow round (10 ends of 3 arrows) – INDOOR
*Pins earned during the shoot will be awarded to archers on the 3rd Saturday of the month.
Join us for the upcoming Papago 900 Halloween Shoot taking place on October 31st, 2015. There will be a costume contest and fun prizes. Registration is now open and details can be found on the event page. Register early to make sure you reserve your spot. This tournament fills up fast! We look forward to seeing you there!
Papago’s Beginners Archery Course – Summer Session registration is now open. Class beings on June 20th. For more details about the course, or to register, please click on the event registration button below.
Join us for the first Papago 900 tournament of 2015!!
The 900 round tournaments hosted by Papago Archery Association (PAA) are the perfect “first time” tournament for archers of all ages, especially the youth, and fun shoots for any archer that enjoys a little friendly competition.
FINAL SCORES from the tournament.
May 9th, 2015 (Saturday)
Check in is at 7:00 am
Practice ends begin at 7:30 am
First Round will begin at 8:00 am
Papago Park Archery Range
6201 E Oak Street, Phoenix, AZ 85008
$30 for Senior & Master Divisions
$25 for all Youth Divisions (Bowman through Junior)
900 Round on 122cm target faces – Archers will shoot three (3) rounds at three (3) different distances. Each round will be 30 arrows (5 ends of 6 arrows). There will be a break between the middle and short distances.
Divisions & Distances:
Barebow or Genesis, Recurve Bow, Compound Bow
Master, Senior & Junior 60/50/40M
*All archers are allowed to shoot up in a higher division if desired.
Online registration has been disabled for this event due to limited lane space still available by division. If you are interested in participating in this tournament please contact Kristy by email to see if a spot for your division is still open.
Questions? If you have any questions about the tournament or registering for the tournament, please contact Kristy Wapniarski.
Ken Leedom will be available on April 11th from 8-9AM to take videos of members (maximum of 6) for subsequent review and analysis.
- You will shoot 3 arrows in Portrait Mode to look at Stance,
3 arrows in Landscape Mode to look at Alignment
- Please bring proper cash payment:
- $10 for Video
- $20 for Video & Analysis,
- Cash only, no checks or Credit Cards.
- Payment due prior to video shoot.
- Sign-up sheet will be available by 7:30AM that morning
- Leave off hats & sunglasses for the video
- Try to avoid greens & browns as it makes you blend into the background
- Video file will be copied to a DVDR disk and distributed 1-2 weeks after the video session (file size is approximately 85 MB)
- In the event of rain or high winds we will reschedule
900 Round – 30 arrows at 3 different distances for a total of 90 arrows.
March 14 & 15, 2015
Papago Park Archery Range in Phoenix
DATES & SCHEDULES:
Saturday, March 14, 2015 – Adults
Sunday March 15, 2015 – Juniors, JOAD and College.
All times are approximate.
- 7:30 AM: Check-in and Practice
- 8:30 AM: Long and Middle distances shot – 5 ends of 6 arrows at each distance
- Noon: Lunch Break
- 1:00 PM: Short distance shot – 5 ends of 6 arrows
- 2:30 PM: Awards Ceremony
Adult $40, Youth 16 yrs. & under $30. There are no park or range fees.
Early entry deadline (must be postmarked on or before) Feb 28, 2015. After that date add $15 late fee. On-site registration will be taken ONLY if space is available. Early registration is highly recommended.
Standard National Archery Association / FITA tournament / range / rules & scoring will be in effect. Target size: 122cm, 5 color 10 ring.
DISTANCES BY DIVISIONS:
- Yeoman & Bowman, up to 12yrs. old 20 / 15 / 10 meters
- Cub & Cadet, 13 -17 yrs. old 40 / 30 / 20 meters
- Junior (20 yrs.+), Senior (21-49 yrs), Master (grouped in 5 yr increments 50-54 yrs, 55-59, 60-64, etc), 60 / 50 / 40 meter
For more Target Archery information please contact Angi Sullivan at (480) 772-0962 (texting works best) or by email at email@example.com