2017 Summer Sizzle
August 12-13, 2017
Archery/ Air Pistol Indoor Range
Ben Avery Shooting Facility
Star FITA 25M/18M Format
Recurve Bow and Barebow – 2 – 600 rounds, one from 25 meters, one from 18 meters; 25 Meters will have a choice of 60cm single spot or vertical. 18 Meters will have a choice of 40cm single spot or vertical. Must shoot same type of target at both distances. Outer 10 scoring on both distances.
Compound Bow- 2 – 600 rounds, one from 25 meters, one from 18 meters; 25 Meters will have a choice of 60cm single spot or vertical. 18 Meters will have a choice of 40cm single spot or vertical. Must shoot same type of target at both distances. Inner 10 scoring on both distances
TWO ARCHERS SHARE A TARGET FACE AT 25 METERS, EACH ARCHER WILL HAVE THEIR OWN TARGET FACE AT 18 METERS.
MEMBERSHIP – USAA/NAA membership listing Arizona residence is required to compete for the State Championship recognition. If your USAA membership expires prior to the official start date of the tournament, a copy of your USAA membership renewal and payment must accompany your tournament Registration Form. Your application will not be considered complete until your current membership is on file with the USAA. All archers must show USAA membership card at the tournament registration table. Link to USA Archery – NAA Membership You can sign up for a tournament membership on line prior to the day of the event. No registrations available at the tournament
USAA Arizona rules and procedures: http://www.azjoad.com/main/forms/USAA-AZ_Tournament_Rules_and_Procedures_Summary-Nov-19-2015.pdf
USAA rules and Dress Code apply. Link to USAA RULES
***USAA Dress Code will be enforced…this includes official practice sessions***
1. All athletes and coaches must present a professional, athletic appearance while on the field. (Torn, ripped or badly faded clothing articles are not allowed.) Clothing may be of any color.
2. No camo or blue denim (jeans) may be worn at target events. Accessories such as trim on shirts, caps, quivers, armguards, footwear, etc., are permitted to be camo. At field events, denim may be worn but camo may not be worn.
3. Shorts, skorts and skirts must not be shorter than finger tip length while standing normally.
4. Men and women are required to wear upper garments covering the front and back of the body and covering the midriff when at full draw. Women’s upper garments shall have a minimum strap of 3″ or sleeves. Men’s upper garments shall have short or long sleeves.
5. Sport/athletic shoes are recommended to all athletes and coaches during target events. Shoes must cover the entire foot.
6. At no time will any athlete or coach wear any article bearing any image or language to be considered offensive to others.
Please be aware there may be a rule change on dress code on January 1, 2017. IF THERE IS A NEW DRESS CODE, THE NEW CODE WILL BE ENFORCED!!
Arrow Requirements (World Archery, Book 3):
11.1.7. Arrows of any type may be used provided they comply with the common meaning
of the word “arrow” as used in target archery, and do not cause undue damage to
target faces or butts.
220.127.116.11. An arrow consists of a shaft with a tip (point), nocks, fletching and, if desired, cresting. The maximum diameter of arrow shafts shall not exceed 9.3mm (arrow wraps shall not be considered as part of this limitation as long they do not extend further than 22cm toward the point of the arrow when measured from the throat – nock hole where the string sits – of the nock to the end of the wrap); the tips (points) for these arrows may have a maximum diameter of 9.4mm. All arrows of every athlete shall be marked with the athlete’s name or initials on the shaft. All arrows used in any end shall be identical and shall carry the same pattern and colour(s) of fletching, nocks and cresting, if any. Tracer nocks (electrically/electronically lighted arrow nocks) are not allowed.
ADULT DIVISIONS and YOUTH DIVISIONS
“Senior”, (any age)
“Masters”, (Born in or before 1967)
“Junior” through the calendar year of their 20th birthday (Born in or after 1997)
“Cadet” through the calendar year of their 17th birthday (Born in or after 2000)
“Cub” through the calendar year of their 14th birthday (Born in or after 2003)
“Bowman” through the calendar year of their 12th birthday (Born in or after 2005)
Recurve: per World Archery Rules
Compound: per World Archery Rules
Barebow: per World Archery Rules
Tournament CONTACT Information:
Hosted by: ……………………….. Desert Sky Archers
Tournament Director: ………… Rick Bachman
Email ………………………………. email@example.com