2016 PAPAGO RANGE IMPROVEMENT PROJECT
Papago Archery Association (PAA) is a 501 (c)(3) Non-Profit organization that has partnered with the City of Phoenix Parks and Recreation Department to make some much needed improvements to the Papago Park Archery Range.
These improvements include:
1. Construct a metal canopy over the shooting line for 21 lanes (145’), to provide shade for archers.
2. Raise the berm at the end of the Range for added safety.
3. Add signage at the Range for safety rules, and around the range to notify archers and hikers/bikers of possible dangers.
The improvements to the Range are expected to cost $60,000. One-half of that amount, $30,000, is being donated to the City of Phoenix by the AZ Game & Fish Department (AZGFD) via a grant. The AZGFD grant is funded by license fees and hunting tag fees. The remaining one-half is being raised by PAA through individuals and businesses throughout the country. We need your help to meet our goal of raising $30,000.
You may be asking yourself “…why would I consider a donation for these improvements?”
1. This shows your support for archery in AZ and the Phoenix metropolitan central area.
2. You, your family, or your friends may be archers and this donation will benefit them at the Papago Archery Range for tournaments, practice, or preparation for hunting season.
3. Donors will be recognized by PAA, based upon donation tier.
4. Various ‘social’ services are supported by PAA (e.g., AZ Handicap Sports, Senior Olympics, Grand Canyon State Games).
5. The canopy will increase the use of the Papago Archery Range throughout the sunny/hot days.
6. Your donation is tax deductible!
The City of Phoenix and PAA want to improve the environment at the Papago Archery Range, in Central/East Phoenix, to match archery ranges such as:
· Ben Avery Shooting Range (Gun and Archery), North PHX, off US17 on Carefree Highway
· Paseo Vista Range: South Chandler off 202 South, on Queen Creek Rd
· Usery Mountain Archery Range: East Mesa off Usery Pass Rd
· El Oso Range, West Phoenix at 75th Avenue
We appreciate your consideration and your donation to the 2016 Papago Archery Range Improvement Project!!
Please mail donation payments to:
Papago Archery Association
PO Box 15324
Phoenix, AZ 85060
To make a tax-deductible online donation today, please click on the button below.
THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR DONORS & SPONSORS!
Ken & Cynthia Leedom